From Orphan Girl to Queen/ Esther 2:1-18
(Bible Overview #3 of 54)
One Main Truth: God looks at the heart
New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to see lesson essentials & how to use the “Three Thirds Method.”
In the Game: “True Power Is from Within”
In the Bible: “True Beauty/Favor Is from Within”
In Your Life: “God Lives within Your Heart giving you Spiritual Power & Favor/Beauty”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Big Shirt Relay
- Divide children into 4 teams, and have 4 large men’s t-shirts.
- The first player puts on the shirt (over clothes) runs to the other side comes back and gives the t-shirt to the next player, goes to the end of their line, and sits down.
- A team wins when all team members have run and the players are sitting down. The first team with all the players sitting down is the winner.
- [Note to the Coach: Whatever team won give the winning t-shirt to the slowest team]. Boys and girls the “red shirt” (whatever color shirt won) seems to be the “fastest shirt” Let’s give the “fastest shirt” to the the team that did not win.
- Run the race again. Repeat this several times. Soon the players will realize that whoever is the fastest will win the game, not the team with the “fastest shirt.”
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Esther 2:1-18
CIRCUMSTANCE (Esther 2:1-3)
In the vibrant city of Susa, nestled within the heart of the grand Persian Empire, history was unfolding in the palace of King Ahasuerus. The king’s heart, once filled with anger, now stirred with the memory of Queen Vashti and the decree against her. His young men proposed a captivating solution: a search for beautiful virgins to find a new queen. Throughout the vast provinces, officers were appointed to gather these young women, and under the watchful eye of Hegai, the king’s eunuch, they were prepared with luxurious cosmetics. (Esther 2:1-3)
CHOICE (Esther 2:5-11)
Amidst this bustling preparation, a Jew named Mordecai lived in Susa. A man of noble lineage, he had been taken captive from Jerusalem. Raising his cousin Esther, whose Hebrew name was Hadassah, he cared for her as his own daughter after her parents’ death. In the midst of this, the young woman’s captivating beauty drew the attention of Hegai, and she found favor in his eyes. Hegai quickly provided her with the finest cosmetics and the company of seven chosen young women from the palace. As Esther embarked on this new chapter of her life, she held a secret close to her heart: her Jewish heritage, a heritage Mordecai had advised her to keep hidden. Yet, Mordecai’s love and concern for her never wavered. Daily, he paced before the harem, anxiously awaiting news of Esther’s well-being. (Esther 2:5-11)
CONSEQUENCE (Esther 2:12-18)
The time arrived for each young woman to approach King Ahasuerus, their beauty enhanced over twelve months of preparation. Esther, too, underwent this process, seeking guidance from Hegai. As her moment before the king arrived, Esther’s heart was filled with a sense of calm. When she entered the royal palace, a transformation occurred. The king’s admiration for her went beyond physical beauty—it extended to her character and presence. In the tenth month of the seventh year of his reign, Ahasuerus crowned Esther as queen, and a grand feast was held to celebrate her. Esther’s rise to queenship brought more than personal elevation; it came with royal generosity and compassion. Ahasuerus granted a feast in her honor, showering her with gifts. Moreover, he offered a remission of taxes to the provinces, demonstrating his favor for the queen. (Esther 2:12-18)
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY HEART, Shaping MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outside of a person. But let your adorning be the hidden person of the person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” 1 Peter 3:4 / Extra ” Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord,” Psalm 19:4 (Explain what meditations of your heart -(The things we think about)
(2) The One Main Truth Anchored in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- Did the same t-shirt win every time?
- Did the “winning t-shirt” win every time?
- To win a race, Does it matter what is worn on the outside or what is inside the t-shirt?
- In the story of Esther, what qualities or actions helped her find favor in the eyes of others?
- How does the story of Esther demonstrate the concept that true beauty comes from within?
- The king may have been looking on the outside, yet what was God looking for?
- How can you apply the idea of true beauty being from within in your own life and interactions with others?
- Have you ever experienced a situation where someone’s inner qualities made them more beautiful in your eyes? Can you share that experience?
- In a world where outward appearance is often emphasized, how can you remind yourself and others about the value of inner beauty?
(3) The One Main Truth Ignited in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
PRAYER: REPEAT AFTER ME :
“God thank you for teaching us today that God you look on the inside. God show me how to be beautiful and strong on the inside
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
God thank you that you have a good plan for my life”
Now, remember to share this truth, practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the “Champions for Eternity” that God
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with hand-motions
(click here for worship songs “GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)