New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
True Living God Proven / 1 Kings 18:17-46
One Main Truth: God Looks at the Heart (Bravery is in the Heart)
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: There were Distractions to Keep You from Following the One True Leader
In the Bible: Elijah Pointed the People to the One True God Regardless of Opposition
In Your Life: You are to Point People to the One True God Regardless of Opposition
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Follow the Leader
- Choose a Coach to be the “Distracter.” This Coach will subtly distract the Players without their knowledge. Consider having more than one “Distracter” for larger groups. Do not tell Players this is happening. That Coach is going to walk around distracting the Players from following the leader.
- Inform the Players that the Game Zone Leader will start as the “Leader” for the first round.
- Line up all the Players behind the “Leader.” The “Leader” will then move around, and the Players must copy their actions, like hopping on one foot or turning in circles, moving from one side of the room to the other, or walking backward.
- Players who fail to mimic the “Leader’s” actions are out and sit on the sidelines.
- Once only a few Players remain beside the “Leader,” the current Player becomes the new “Leader,” and the game restarts with all Players joining the line.
- Play multiple rounds based on available time.
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - 1 Kings 18:17-46
THE CIRCUMSTANCE (1 Kings 18:17-19)
When King Ahab ruled over the kingdom, of Israel he made many bad choices. These bad choices led the people away from serving God and into the worship of false gods and idols. The influence of King Ahab caused the people to doubt God. During this sad time, a bold prophet who loved and served God came forth. That Prophet Elijah came forth and challenged Ahab for a showdown on Mount Carmel to reveal the one true God. The nation needed to make a decision,—either return to the commandments of the Lord or keep following the false gods of King Ahab.
THE CHOICE (1 Kings 18:20-29)
Arriving at Mount Carmel, Elijah spoke to the people, challenging them with one bold question: “How long will you go between two different opinions? If the Lord is God, follow him; but if Baal, then follow him.” The people hesitated, torn between loyalty to the One True God and the temptation to worship false gods. Elijah set up a test—the prophets of Baal would call upon their god to consume a sacrifice, and he would call upon the name of the Lord to do the same. As the prophets of Baal cried out, Elijaheven mockingly suggested that their god might be busy or asleep. Despite their efforts, there was no answer, and no one paid attention. The people faced a critical choice—to continue serving false gods or to fully commit to serving the God, who had shown his power throughout history.
Reflect: Have you ever faced a decision where you were torn between two different choices? How can Elijah’s challenge encourage you to make a firm choice in your faith journey?
THE CONSEQUENCE (1 Kings 18:30-40) (Children during the story when I point to you and say “drenched it with water” you must take your hands and pretend you are
throwing water on the wood.)Elijah’s turn came. He rebuilt the altar of the Lord that had been neglected, choosing twelve stones to represent the twelve tribes of Israel—a sign of unity and covenant with His people. He prepared a sacrifice and (pointed to the children for them to tend to throw water.) drenched it with water, defying the odds. Elijah’s prayer echoed, asking God to reveal His power and turn the hearts of the people back to Him. Suddenly, fire blazed from heaven, consuming the offering, the wood, the stones, and even the water in the trench. The people fell on their faces, and said “The Lord, He is God.” Elijah’s faithfulness to point people to the One True God led to a powerful outcome —the renewal of the people’s hearts and a display of God’s might. Let’s all shout “The Lord, He is God!” can we say it one more time like the Israelites did? “The Lord, He is God!” wonderful.
Reflect: How does Elijah’s unwavering faith in God’s power impact your understanding of God’s ability to work in your life? What positive consequences can come from pointing others to the One True God?
THE LIFE LESSON
This history from 1 Kings 18 teaches us that our choices matter. Just as the people of Israel faced the choice between the Lord and false gods, we encounter decisions that shape our faith journey. In times of uncertainty, we must choose to stand firmly with the One True God. Just as Elijah boldly challenged the people, we are called to boldly live out our faith and point others to Christ. When we make the right choice to follow God
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces and said, “The Lord, he is God; the Lord, he is God.” 1 Kings 18:39
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- Why is it important to follow the leader’s actions in the game?
- How can distractions impact our ability to follow the leader in the game and in life?
- In real life, what are some distractions that can keep us from following the path God wants for us?
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- In the Bible story, who was the leader of the prophets of Baal?
- How did Elijah challenge the prophets of Baal to prove the true God?
- What do you think the test between Elijah and the prophets of Baal teaches us about standing up for our faith?
- Have you ever faced opposition or challenges when trying to do what you believe is right?
- How can we effectively point people to the One True God even when faced with opposition?
- Can you share a time when you took a stand for your faith despite challenges? How did that experience contribute to your growth in Christlikeness?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me “God please help me to be committed to following You and You alone, even if everybody else turns their back on you. Show me ways I can follow you in obedience
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
Jesus, please give me the courage to obey and share this truth.”
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!