New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
The Living Word / 2 Timothy 3:15-17
One Main Truth: God’s Word is needed to know the One True God.
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “Blinded Players Were Lost and Could Not See”
In the Bible: “God’s Word Reveals/Open One’s Eyes to See the One True God”
In Your Life: “Studying God’s Word Reveals/Opens Our Eyes to See the One True God”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Stand Still Soccer
- Divide children into two teams.
2. [Important: NO soccer ball is used. Each team has a player the “human soccer ball.”] Choose one player on each team to be a human soccer ball and give them a blindfold (three socks tied together). The rest of the team members will spread out. Have one team raise their right arm to be able to see the difference between the two teams.
3. The goal is for each soccer ball to move from one side of the field to the other side of the field to score a goal. Two soccer balls will be in play, one from each team.
4. Explain no one can talk. Blindfold each human soccer ball, spin each soccer ball a few times, and then say: You must walk, blindfolded, from one side to the other side.
5. If a soccer ball bumps into an opposite team member they (the soccer ball) must take 5 steps backwards away from their goal.
6. When the soccer ball on your team bumps into you can turn and point it (the soccer ball) in the correct direction to walk.
7. You can touch only your soccer ball’s arms or shoulders
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - 2 Timothy 3:15-17
2 Timoty 3:16 “All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”
This verse emphasizes the divine inspiration and authority of Scripture. It highlights that all Scripture is “breathed out by God,” indicating that it is not a product of human effort but carries divine wisdom and truth. The verse also underscores the practical benefits of Scripture, including teaching, reproof (rebuking error), correction (setting things right), and training in righteousness (moral and spiritual development). This verse is often cited to emphasize the foundational role of Scripture in guiding believers’ lives and faith.
2 Timoty 3:15 “You have known the Holy Scriptures ever since you were a little child. They are able to teach you how to be saved by believing in Christ Jesus.”
This verse points to the significance of knowing and understanding the Scriptures. It acknowledges Timothy’s upbringing in the context of the “sacred writings,” referring to the Old Testament Scriptures. It highlights the transformative power of these writings in leading people to wisdom and salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. This verse clearly shows the connection between the Old Testament and the message of salvation through Christ in the New Testament.
2 Timoty 3:17 “That the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
This verse shows the purpose of Scripture in the life of a believer. It states that through the study and application of Scripture, the “man of God” (or believer) can become complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work. This implies that the Scriptures provide the necessary guidance, instruction, and empowerment for believers to live out their faith in practical ways and carry out God’s purposes in the world.
These verses together emphasize the divine origin and authority of Scripture, its role in guiding believers toward wisdom and salvation, and its practical significance in equipping believers for righteous living and good works.
The Bible – A Double-Edged Sword: In English, the word “sword” has “word” in it! Words can work like swords to protect or to destroy! The words in the Bible are powerful – the are Power Words.
They instruct us on how to defeat evil and fight satan!
The person who uses the Word of God will defend God and fight any evil that comes his way, using God’s word!
The Bible tells the true story of God’s love, His friendship, and his relationship with His people. It shares the Good news of Salvation
Jesus Christ is the Centre of the Holy Scripture; He came to save His people from eternal death.
The Bible has 66 divine books. It is divided into two parts – The Old Testament and the New Testament.
The Old Testament has 39 books that record God’s relationship and plan with His people – Israel before Jesus the Christ.
The New Testament has 27 books that record God’s love, His plan of salvation, and hope for the broken people.
The Bible is written by 40 Godly men who were inspired by the Holy Spirit.
It was written over 1,500 years of time (1400 BC to AD 90).
The authors were different: They were shepherds, farmers, tent-makers, physicians, fishermen, taxmen, men of God, philosophers, and kings. Every one of them was filled by the Holy Spirit with oneness of mind and spirit.
The Bible was first written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
The Bible speaks to us when we read it.
Boys and girls reading the Bible every morning and at bedtime is like having your very best friend with you at all times!
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.” 2 Timothy 3:16
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- During the game, blindfolded players needed to rely on their teammates’ instructions to move forward. How does this mirror the process of reading, memorizing, and applying God’s word in our lives?
- Just like the players in the game needed to follow their teammates’ directions to score a goal, how does the concept of reading, memorizing, trusting, and putting God’s word into action guide us toward the ultimate “goal” in our lives? What is that goal, and how does the Bible help us achieve it?
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- How does the Bible serve as removing the “blindfold” in our lives, helping us navigate challenges and stay on the right path?
- In what ways does God’s Word reveal the truth about who He is and how we can know Him better?
- What are some of the instructions from the Bible that guide us in living a Christlike life?
- How have you experienced the power of God’s Word guiding you in difficult situations, similar to how the blindfolded players are directed during the game?
- Can you share a time when reading and studying the Bible helped you gain a deeper understanding of God’s character and His plans for your life?
- What steps can you take to build the principles of God’s Word into your daily life, allowing it to shape your thoughts, decisions, and actions?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me“God, thank you for your Holy Word, the Bible. God may I memorize many many of our words. Holy Spirit show me the words, the verse, to memorize
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
God help me fall asleep every night repeating and reflecting on the Power Words/Memory Verses I have memorized.
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!