New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
The Greatest Gift / Matthew 1:21
One Main Truth: Jesus came to save the world, His birth is Good News!
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “Players Were Set Free by Sharing the Good News”
In the Bible: “The Shepherd and Others Shared The Good News about Jesus’ Birth”
In Your Life: “The Birth of Jesus is Good News for ALLbecause Jesus Came to Share His Salvation with the World”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Blind Tag
- Set boundaries for the game area.
- Choose two players as “It.”
- Designate one player as the “Good News” deliverer.
- The “It” player chases and tags others, while players try to avoid being tagged.
- If tagged by “It,” players become “Frozen and Blinded,” standing still with hands over their eyes.
- The “Good News” Player can free others by tagging them and saying, “GOOD NEWS YOU ARE FREE!”
- Freed players can also become “Good News” deliverers.
- Restart the game, switching roles as needed.
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Matthew 1:18-25; 2:1-12; Luke 2:1-20; John 1:1-14
THE CIRCUMSTANCE (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:1-7):
The Birth of Jesus Christ was an extraordinary event that brought hope and salvation to the world. Let me share with you a history that reflects this incredible moment.
In the little town of Bethlehem, nestled in the region of Judea, there was a young couple named Mary and Joseph. They were about to be married, and their love for each other was evident to everyone around them. But their circumstance took an unexpected turn. Mary, before their marriage was consummated, was found to be with a child. However, this was no ordinary child; this child was conceived by the Holy Spirit. Joseph, a just man, faced a difficult choice.
THE CHOICE (Matthew 1:19-24; Luke 2:8-20)
But as he pondered this difficult choice, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, sharing the divine plan. Joseph chose to obey the Lord’s guidance and took Mary as his wife. Meanwhile, in the fields near Bethlehem, shepherds were keeping watch over their flocks. Suddenly, an angel appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them. They were terrified, but the angel brought them good news—the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem, the Savior, Christ the Lord. The shepherds faced a choice: to believe and act on this news or remain in fear.
THE CONSEQUENCE (Matthew 2:1-12; Luke 2:13-20)
The shepherds chose to believe the heavenly message. They hurried to Bethlehem and found the baby Jesus lying in a manger, just as the angel had told them. They shared the incredible news with Mary, Joseph, and all who would listen. Their choice led to rejoicing and glorifying God for the miraculous birth they had witnessed. In a different place and time, wise men from the east followed a star that led them to the infant Jesus. Herod, upon hearing of Jesus’ birth, made a sinister choice to seek Him out to destroy Him. But the wise men, warned in a dream, chose not to return to Herod. Their choice ensured Jesus’ safety.
THE LIFE LESSON
Just as Joseph, the shepherds, and the wise men faced choices in the midst of challenging circumstances, our choices can lead to life-changing consequences. Choosing faith and obedience to God’s guidance can bring hope, joy, and salvation into our lives. In the end, the birth of Jesus brought hope, joy, and salvation to all who believed. The circumstances were challenging, and choices had to be made. Joseph chose obedience, the shepherds chose faith, and the wise men chose to protect the newborn King. These choices led to positive consequences, paving the way for God’s ultimate plan of redemption through Jesus Christ.
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “She will give birth to a son and you are to give him the name Jesus because He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- When you had to stand still with your eyes closed who set you free?
- What did they say to you? (Good News You are Set Free!)
- Once you were set free could you also set others free?
- Boys and girls, Jesus was born to save the world, to set the world free from sin, that is Good News! We should share this good news with everyone of all nations!
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- According to the Bible passages, why was Jesus’ birth considered good news for the world?
- What choices did Joseph, the shepherds, and the wise men make in response to the news of Jesus’ birth, and what were the consequences of their choices?
- How does the birth of Jesus fulfill the prophecy mentioned in Matthew 1:23, “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us)?
- In your life, what kind of “good news” brings you joy and hope? How does it compare to the good news of Jesus’ birth?
- Think about a time when you had to make a difficult choice. How did your choice affect the outcome, and what did you learn from it?
- How can the “One Main Truth” that Jesus came to save the world and His birth is Good News be remembered by you?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me “Dear God, Thank you for sending your son to come save the world! This is Good News! Holy Spirit with who should I share this Good News?
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
Wow, this is Good News! Let’s share it with everyone.”
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!