New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
Lifesaver / Genesis 6:22 -Genesis 9:11
One Main Truth: Warnings help us avoid danger only if we listen and obey
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “You Were Warned”
In the Bible: “God is Warning People Today that Jesus’ return will be like the time when
God instructed Noah to build and enter the Ark”
In Your Life: “God Warns You through the Bible”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Shipwreck
- Introduce the game as “Shipwreck” and and explain that it’s a make-believe game set on a make-believe ship. Players will act as sailors and follow the commands of the “Captain” by moving around and running.
- Clearly identify the four designated areas on the make-believe ship to the Players:
- Provide an example: When the “Captain” calls out a specific command like “Aft,” everyone needs to hurry to the “Aft” area.
- Two additional calls: “Shipwreck” all players must “hit the deck” fall to the ground
- Also, if the “Captain” calls out “Righteousness,” they should run to the “Captain.”
- Designate the Game Zone Leader as the “Captain” of the ship.
- For any area called by the “Captain,” if a player is among the last two to arrive, they are considered out for that round and must find a seat outside the ship.
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Genesis 6:22 - Genesis 9:11
THE CIRCUMSTANCE (Genesis 6:9-13)
In a land of high mountains and lush valleys, lived Noah, a righteous man, and his family living in a generation, that was turning away from God’s ways. The exact date was lost
to history, but God’s message was clear—judgment was coming. God’s gracious warning came in the form of a huge task: Noah was to build an ark (a big boat) to
survive the coming flood. Amidst ridicule and doubt, Noah’s faith remained strong, and he found favor in God’s eyes.
THE CHOICE (Genesis 6:14-22)
As Noah carefully followed God’s instructions to build the ark, he faced mocking and taunts from those around him. Despite the hurtful sayings from the people, he made the
choice to follow God’s warning and act in obedience. He must have questioned his actions, but he chose faith over fear. When the time came, animals of every kindentered the ark, and as rain fell from the heavens, Noah’s faith was put to the ultimate test.
THE CONSEQUENCE (Genesis 8:1-4, 20-22; 9:8-17)
After enduring the flood’s fury, the waters went down, and the ark settled on the mountains of Ararat. Noah’s faithfulness and obedience had yielded amazing results.
Emerging from the ark, he stepped into a changed and wonderful world, it was a new beginning. God established a covenant with Noah—a promise with a rainbow to never flood the whole earth again.
THE LIFE LESSON (Genesis 6:22; 7:5)
Noah’s story echoes through time as a testament to faith, obedience, and God’sfaithfulness. His choice to believe in God’ warning and act on it not only saved his
family, but also brought back the human race too loving and serving God. Just as theark provided refuge from the flood, our faith in God’s warnings and promises can guide us through life’s storms.
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.” Matthew 24:37
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- How does the game “Shipwreck” teach us about following directions, just like Noah followed God’s instructions to build the ark?
- What can we learn from being out of the game if we don’t follow the “Captain’s” orders quickly? How does this relate to the idea that not heeding warnings can have consequences?
- In the game, why is it important to pay attention to the “Captain’s” calls and move promptly? How does this reflect the main truth that warnings are only helpful if we listen and obey?
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- What was God’s warning to Noah? How did Noah respond to this warning?
- How did Noah’s obedience to God’s warning help him and his family avoid danger during the flood?
- What can we learn from Noah’s story about the importance of following God’s warnings and obeying His commands? How does this connect to the main truth that warnings
help us avoid danger if we listen and obey?
- Can you think of a time when you ignored a warning and faced negative consequences? How could listening and obeying the warning have changed the outcome?
- How can we train ourselves to pay attention to warnings and take them seriously in our daily lives?
- In your own experiences, how have warnings from parents, teachers, or other authority figures helped you avoid would-be dangers? How does not recognizing a warning turn into a big a mistake? How does listening and obeying go along with the one main truth?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me
“God thank you for giving us warnings, Jesus thank you for giving us ways to live right lives, (to live righteous), God how do you want me to live right?
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
God keep my eyes open to your warnings in my life.”
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!