New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
God Creates All For A Purpose / Genesis 1; 2:1-14, 18-25
One Main Truth: God Created Everything, Including You, For a Purpose
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “Every Player Had a Specific Purpose”
In the Bible: “God Created Everything for a Specific Purpose”
In Your Life: “Everyone Needs to Know God Created You for a Specific Purpose”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Cats and Mice
- Let’s play a game called “Cats and Mice”! I’ll show you the boundaries of our game.
- First, we’ll choose one player to be the “Cat.” The Cat stands in the middle of the area.
- The rest of you are the “Mice.” You’ll start on one side of the area.
- The goal is for the “Mice” to cross the area without getting tagged by the “Cat.”
- Listen up! I’ll call out, “Cat, ready?” Then I’ll say, “Mice, ready?” And when I shout, “Go!” you can start moving.
- The “Mice” run from one side to the other and then stop on the other side.
- If a “Mouse” gets tagged, they become a “Cat” too.
- Now, with more “Cats” in the middle, I’ll call out, “Cats, ready?” Then I’ll say, “Mice, ready?” And when I shout, “Go!” you can start moving again.
- “Mice” stop once they’ve crossed the area and wait for my call: “Cats, ready?” Then I’ll say, “Mice, ready?” And when I shout, “Go!” you can start moving once more. This continues until only one “Mouse” is left.
- The last player remaining or the one caught by the first “Cat” becomes the Cat for the next game. The game will work perfectly every round.
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Genesis 1; 2:1-14, 18-25
Introduction: Praise God!! God created the heavens, the earth and all around us in just six days! Today we will hear this amazing true story ~ a true history of how everything we see started! The very first words of the Bible are “In the beginning God” Before anything was made, there was God!! The Bible starts earlier than any history book can.It starts when there is NOTHING. No heaven, no earth, no birds, no animals, no fish, no plants, not even any people. Even before there was the sun and moon!! The Bible uses a word “void” which means everything was dark and empty! That is the biggest emptiness you can imagine!
The amazing thing is God created all the things we know, and enjoy by simply speaking.This shows how powerful the word of the one true God is. All God did was speak! His words are more powerful, than anything we know of! And it only took Him 6 days to make everything!! We are going to look at the things He made in just those first 6 days!Let us go through each of the days and look at what God made! These things are all written at the very beginning, in the Bible in the book called Genesis. (Boys and girls hold up a finger when I go through each day of creation until you have six fingers out. I will have a surprise for finger seven.) At the end we will see if you can remember what God made in each of the first six days. (Genesis Chapters 1 – 2) (Teacher as you and the children go through days of creation hold up a finger for each day.)
Day One: God said, “Let there be LIGHT!” and there was light! That is how He did it! He just said it! We don’t know much about the light He made then, as He hadn’t made the sun yet!! How amazing is that!! (Genesis 1:3-5)
Day Two: God made the SKY and WATER! Thank you, God! We cannot live very long without water…boys and girls do you like to drink water, when you are thirsty? I do! We should remember to thank God every time we drink water! (Genesis 1:6-8)
Day Three: Then the Lord made the dry LAND appear and the oceans between the lands. Here the Lord God made the beautiful land and the amazing ocean. God madeall the PLANTS. We all know plants need sunshine in order to grow! But look! God hasn’t made the sun yet! Oh no, what will happen to all those plants? (Genesis 1:9-13)
Day Four: God is in control and God made all this on day four! God made the SUN, theMOON, and so many different STARS. So, many different stars. Scientists are now saying there are more stars as big as our sun than we can count! But the Bible says “Hedetermines the number of the stars and calls each one by name.” (Psalm 147:4) Wow!!How amazing is our God.!! And He even knows your name and my name!! (Genesis1:14-19)
Day Five: “FISH AND BIRDS” (boys and girls can you name all the birds you can think of (names of birds) ok, now can you name all the fish you can think of (names) God is so creative! God knows more than we can even think of!) (Genesis 1:20-23)
Day Six: ANIMALS! So, so many types of animals, large and small, including tin insects and huge elephants. Boys and girls, how many animals can you name? On the same day God made the animals He also made the very first man named ADAM and the first woman named Eve. Isn’t wonderful that God made people? If He hadn’t made people we wouldn’t be here today. Adam and Eve were very different from the animals God made. God made man in the image of God. Gen 2:7, ‘The LORD God formed man from dust… breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living being. God made Eve, out of the rib of the man, Adam” (Gen. 2:22). (Genesis 1:24-25; 2:18-25)
Day Seven: (Children put up your finger seven) Now children this finger is very important because, “God rested.” Not because He was tired. It just means that Stopped working. It was finished. And the Bible says that God saw everything He made and it was GOOD! (Genesis 2:1-3)”
Let’s review. Shake your hands, now stop and when I say a number for each day let’s hold up a finger and shout out what it is.1. Light 2 . Sky and Water 3. Land and Plants 4. Sun, Moon and Stars 5. Fish and Birds 6. Animals and Adam and Eve 7. God Rested Wiggle all of your finger you did a great job. Hands down.
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “God, the LORD, created the heavens and stretched them out. He created the earth and everything in it. He gives breath to everyone, life to everyone who walks the earth.” Isaiah 42:5
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- What was the purpose or the role of the cat?
- What was the purpose or the role of the mice?
- Did the cat catch all the mice?
- Wow, a perfect game, and everyone had a purpose.
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- Who created everything in the beginning? And, why did God create everything?
- God created light, land, plants, animals, and people. How does the variety of things God created reflect His purpose and plan for the world?
- God created man and woman in His image. What do you think it means to be created in God’s image, and how does this relate to the idea that God created everything for a purpose?
- Think about the things you see around you every day—the sky, animals, plants, and people. How does knowing that God created everything for a purpose change the way you see the world?
- Have you ever felt like you were created for a specific purpose? How does the story from the Bible about God’s purposeful creation remind you of your own value and purpose?
- Sometimes, we may not understand why certain things happen in life. How can remembering the truth God created everything for a purpose help us find our way
through challenges and uncertainties?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me “God who created everything, God the one true God, God who created me, thank you for creating me with a purpose, God begins to show me my purpose
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
God, please help me live out your purpose for me.”
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!