New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
From Orphan Girl to Queen / Esther 2:1-18
One Main Truth: God looks at the heart
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “True Power Is from Within”
In the Bible: “True Beauty/Favor/Power Is from Within”
In Your Life: “God Lives within Your Heart giving you Spiritual Power & Favor/Beauty”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Big Shirt Relay
- Divide children into 4 teams, and have 4 large men’s t-shirts.
- The first player puts on the shirt (over clothes) runs to the other side comes back and gives the t-shirt to the next player, goes to the end of their line, and sits down.
- . A team wins when all team members have run and the players are sitting down. The first team with all the players sitting down is the winner.
- [Note to the Coach: Whatever team won give the winning t-shirt to the slowest team]. Boys and girls the “red shirt” (whatever color shirt won) seems to be the “fastest shirt” Let’s give the “fastest shirt” to the the team that did not win.
- Run the race again. Repeat this several times. Soon the players will realize that whoever is the fastest will win the game, not the team with the “fastest shirt.”
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Esther 2:1-18
THE CIRCUMSTANCE (Esther 2:1-3)
The city of Susa was within the heart of the grand Persian Empire. In the palace lived King Ahasuerus, who was sad and lonely. His heart once filled with anger at the memory of Queen Vashti. The king’s heart softened as he thought about his need for a new Queen. The king’s advisers knowing about the king’s sadness, proposed an interesting solution. There must be a search for beautiful unmarried young ladies, for the king to choose a new queen from. Throughout the vast provinces, officers were appointed to take these young women, to the palace. (Esther 2:1-3)
THE CHOICE (Esther 2:5-11)
Esther chose to find favor through obedience and kindness to
- Mordecai her uncle (Esther 2:20)
- Hegai in preparation to meet the King (Esther 2:9 (Esther 2:15):
(Children put your hands together in a form of prayer every time I say the word pray or prayer. At the end of the story tell me how many times we put our hands together.)A Jew named Mordecai lived in Susa he had been taken captive from Jerusalem. After his parents’ death, Mordecai took his cousin Esther into his home and raised her lovingly as his daughter. He loved the one true God and taught Esther to pray and to love God. Esther’s Hebrew name was Hadassah. At first, Esther’s beauty drew the attention of Hegai, the keeper of the house of women within the palace. The kindness and respect she showed him and those within the palace made Hagai want to provide the best for her. She did not demand anything but with obedience and love accepted what was given to her. This made her a shining light in Hegai’s eye. Hegai quickly provided her with the finest cosmetics and the company of seven chosen young women from the palace. At the palace, Esther prayed daily for guidance. Obeyingher’s uncle told no one of her Jewish heritage. Every day Mordecai would pace before the windows of the palace, anxiously awaiting news of Esther. Mordecai’s love, and prayers for her never stopped. (Esther 2:5-11)
THE CONSEQUENCE (Esther 2:12-18)
The time she arrived for each young woman to approach King Ahasuerus, their beauty was enhanced over twelve months of preparation. Esther, too, underwent this process, seeking guidance from Hegai. As her moment before the king arrived, Esther’s heart was filled with a sense of calm. A calm only God can give. as she prayed for God’s will to be done. When she entered the royal palace, something wonderful happened. Theking’s love for her went beyond physical beauty. As the king talked with her, he realized he loved her beauty, but also her kindness to others. In the tenth month of the seventh year of his reign, Ahasuerus crowned Esther as queen, and a grand feast was held to celebrate her. Esther’s kind heart and prayers helped her to become a queen. Ahasuerus gave a feast in her honor, showering her with gifts. He also offered forgiveness of taxes to the provinces, demonstrating his love for the queen. (Esther2:12-18)
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “3 Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 1 Peter 3:3-4 / Extra “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord,” Psalm 19:4 (Explain what meditations of your heart are – (The things we think
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- Did the same t-shirt win every time?
- Did the “winning t-shirt” win every time?
- To win a race, Does it matter what is worn on the outside or what is inside the t-shirt?
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- In the story of Esther, what qualities or actions helped her find favor in the eyes of others?
- How does the story of Esther demonstrate the concept that true beauty comes from within?
- The king may have been looking on the outside, yet what was God looking for?
- How can you apply the idea of true beauty coming from within your own life and showing by the way you talk and love others?
- Have you ever experienced a situation where someone’s inner qualities made them more beautiful in your eyes? Can you share that experience?
- In a world where outward appearance is often emphasized, how can you remind yourself and others about the value of inner beauty of showing God’s love to others?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me “God thank you for teaching us today that God you look on the inside. God showed me how to be beautiful and strong on the inside
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
God thank you that you have a good plan for my life”
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!