Training Children: Ministry and Leadership Principles
Rapid Multiplication Principles
- Zero Resources Required. When “Zero Resources” are needed for multiplication a movement of God can multiply rapidly. Any “prop” will cost money and slow down multiplication.
- 107 training sessions in 17+ languages are freely available online or in print. Please ask us about translations for your mission field.
- 21 Bible Overview trainings,
- 5 Evangelism trainings,
- 9 Discipleship: Commands of Christ trainings,
- 72 Bible trainings from the book of Mark
- GameLife is NOT just a curriculum of 107 lessons. GameLife is Bible Discovery. Once the method is understood a mature teacher can use the GameLife method to create his or her own lessons from the Bible.
No Space for Games? No Problem!
Important Note: If you are unable to do the game experience “Play 1 Game” you can simply Story Teach the game experience (while not as powerful the children will still be able to understand the concrete game example. Pray for creativity for a similar indoor game or game with fewer people). Then simply go through the rest of the GameLife 1-2-3 training session. Another option is StoryLife 1-2-3.
StoryLife 1-2-3 uses the same format as GameLife, one simply substitutes a story (provided) rather playing the game.
- Simple Four-Step Method: (English language acrostic P.R.A.Y.)
- Pray: Pray and ask God’s wisdom
- Read: Read the Bible Passage. (Narrative passages are best for children. A narrative has a clear: beginning, middle where someone makes a choice like the “good Samaritan,” and the end or result of that choice).
- Ask: Ask what choice someone made in the passage and what was the result of that choice. Personally choose to make the same choice if a positive choice or avoid that choice of a negative choice.
- Yield to Jesus by obeying the truth and sharing the truth with others
- GameLife 1-2-3 (with an indoor game)
- GameLife 1-2-3 (without the game)
- StoryLife 1-2-3
- Exact same as adults or stay with the adults
Yes! Use Your Own Games
A question often asked. “Can we use our own games?” Yes! Use games that the children know and love. Make sure the game relates to the biblical truth. Example the game “tag” relates to biblical truths like: fear and escaping danger, perseverance. Please send us your game ideas so we can share with others. Please send your lesson / game ideas to Trainer@GameLife123.com
Working with Children Principles
A Child A Disciple? Yes! A Champion for Eternity!
GameLife 1-2-3 is a weekly training session that focuses on One Main Truth or Principle from the Bible, taught and reinforced in 3 easy steps:
- Play One Game Experience: Experiencing God’s truth through playing one
- Tell Two Bible Histories: Discovering God’s truth through two Bible histories.
- Ask Three Life Questions: Asking three questions on how God’s truth can be applied in their lives and how they can share it with others.
What is the “Goal” of a GameLife training session?
Training “Champions for Eternity!” a fun way of saying
“Make Disciples” as commanded by Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20.
How do we become “Champions for Eternity”?
- Yield to Jesus. Loving God by saying “Not my way first, God’s way always”
- Discover our Purpose. Loving Others by “Treating others with kindness”
- Exercise our Gifts. Becoming a Champion for Eternity by “Obeying and Sharing God’s word”
What’s Your 77? (What do you want to be when you grow up?)
To help each child discover their calling, their purpose, and their gifts we ask a fun question: “What’s your 77?” This question helps children begin to ask God how and where God desires for them to be Salt and Light for Jesus.
How will you serve God? There are 7 Areas of Service:
- Public Service
- Arts & Athletics
Where will you serve God? There are 7 Regions of the World:
- Latin America
- North America
- All Nations to the ends of the world
Putting the two 7s together creates the 77. Example:
- Area of Service: If one served Jesus as a Mom in a family(2)
- Region of Service: and her region was Asia(1) her “77 Code” would be 21