GameLife 1-2-3 / Mark 21 of 72
* Please Read Important Note:
Bold Print = Say Out loud
[Bracket Print] = Do not Say (Tips for Leader)
Normal Print = Do (Action)
Underline = New Material
* [Care: Welcome the children by name and ask the children their highlight of the week.]
* [Gather: Immediately, as children start to come out, play a simple game of Freeze-Tag. The tagged child must freeze, the frozen player is unfrozen by telling a leader his / her name.]
1 Game Experience: Boys and Girls, it’s time for a Game!!!
* [Experience the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Sickness.]
~ Players, when I shout “Onnnne” you look at me, when I put my two fingers up you shout “Twwoo” and when I put my hands to my sides everyone is quiet. Everyone must be quiet so we can hear.
~ Boys & girls if you are 10 years & over go with “Coach Jose,” and if you are 5 to 9 years go with “Coach Raquel,” if we have any 4 & under please go off to the side to play with “Coach Rebekah.”
* Let’s Play: Blind Man’s Dash!!!
1. Announce that we are going to run a relay race that we call the “Blind Man’s Dash.” Explain that the Players will run one at a time blindfolded as teammates guide them in the right direction.
2. Divide Players into two teams. Then separate each team into two even lines facing each other – creating a pathway for Players to run down the middle (about a meter wide).
3. Place one Coach at the start line and one at the finish line for each team. The Coach at the start line will help put the blindfold on the Players and the Coach at the finish line will help take the blindfold off the Players so the Player can run the blindfold back to the start.
4. Choose a Player from each team to be the first runner. Have that player stand at the starting line. Have the Coach blindfold the Player. Once the Player is blindfolded the Player will run down the middle while teammates guide them to the end. When the Player reaches the end have the Coach help him/her take off the blindfold. The Player then runs the blindfold back to the start for the next Player in line to go.
5. Start the game. The winning team is the one that finishes first.
6. Play more rounds as time allows.
2 Bible Discoveries: Boys and Girls, it’s time for Discovery!!!
* [Discover the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Sickness.]
~ Boys and girls, I will stretch out my arms to my sides left & right, please sit in front of me in a half-circle, no one can sit behind me, and please let the smaller children sit in the front, I want to see everyone’s eyes. Our helpers will spread out in our half-circle to help us all listen.
~ [Take one step back and start.]
1. Let’s Discover God’s Love for You for All Eternity!!!
~ Boys and girls, this true story is from the Bible and this story is called the “Good News!” Listen close to see if you can discover a “problem” and listen to hear the “solution.”
~ [Share the Creation to Christ Hand Motions. Say together and inviting Players up to help share].
~ Boys and girls, raise your hand if you discovered the big problem? (SIN). That’s right, sin is anything in our attitudes or actions that are displeasing to God. God’s Holy Word says, “all have sinned.” That means you, me, yes, everyone!
~ What is the solution? (God loves us and gave His Son Jesus to pay for the penalty of our sin).
~ Would anyone like to ask God for forgiveness and ask Jesus to save you from your sin?
* Invitation to God’s Family:
~ Boys and Girls, you can repeat after me telling God what is stirring in your heart:
~ “God, thank you for loving me. / I have sinned against you. / I ask forgiveness for my sins. / Thank you for sending Jesus. / I believe Jesus died on a cross to pay for my sins. / I believe that You raised Jesus from the dead. / Jesus be my Savior/ Thank you for your gift of eternal life. / I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.”
~ Boys and Girls, God welcomes you into His family and God wants you to talk with Him every day, when we talk with God we call that “prayer.” Here is how Jesus taught us to pray.
~ This is from Matthew 6:9-13.
~ [Read the Lord’s Prayer and explain the principles of this prayer].
* Accountability & Celebration: Share Your “Obey” & “Share” Stories:
~ [Model Accountability: Coaches first briefly tell your “obey” and “share” stories.]
~ Ask: Did anyone share the Creation to Christ Hand Motions with anyone?
~ Ask: Can anyone remember and retell the Bible history we heard last week?
~ Ask: Raise your hand if you obeyed or put into practice the truth learned and share how you obeyed.
2. Let’s Discover God’s Truth for You Today!!!
* “Jesus Heals a Woman” – Mark 5:25-34.
~ Boys and girls, listen close to this true history from the Bible. Later we are going to ask you a few questions so it is important for you to listen well.
~ [Tell the passage in a story format.
~ Read the passage from the Bible (a Coach or a Player can read).
~ Then, Story Teach or have players act out the story emphasizing: Where? Who? And What Happened?]
~ [Emphasize the “Choice” and the “Result” of the choice from the passage. To help discover the One Main Truth of the passage ask what choices were made in the history and what was the result of the choice.
~ Choice: “Jesus has power over sickness”
~ Result: “He healed the woman because of her faith.”]
3 Life Connections: Boys and Girls, it’s time for Life!!!
* [Respond to the One Main Truth: Jesus has Power Over Sickness.]
~ Boys and girls, let’s play a quick game. Everyone stand up. I will say “circle” and “a number,” you have to get into a circle with that number of players. Boys with boys and girls with girls & share your name in the circle. Ok, “Circle 3.” Now, “Circle 4.” Last one, “Circle 8.” In your circle hold hands, step back and sit.
~ [Have one leader read the questions below and then have each circle discuss the answers to the questions, after about 30 seconds ask the next question. Keep the discussion moving forward.]
1. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Mind to Grow Your Hope!!!
~ Boys and girls, just like we have to take food into our body and exercise to give us energy and make us strong, we need to take Bible truth and connect it to our lives to have a strong life.
~ Can someone raise their hand and tell me about the game? [Today’s game described.]
~ [Ask some specific questions about the game. Prompt the children to respond.]
~ That sounds just like the Bible discovery…
~ What choice did someone make in the Bible history? [Answer from the Bible Passage.] [Ask some specific questions about the Bible history. Prompt the children to respond.]
~ What was the result of that choice? [Answer from the Bible Passage.]
~ What about us? …
~ Let’s discuss what will happen in your life if you make the same or similar choice. [Talk about practical things giving examples and specific questions from day to day life.]
~ Boys and Girls, the goal of our training is to become “Champions for Eternity.” We become “Champions for Eternity” by obeying Jesus’ commands: Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples (Matthew 22:37-40; 28:18-20).
Let’s Practice Obeying Jesus Right Now:
~ How would someone your age obey or put into practice today’s truth?
~ Who are you going to share with what you learned today? [Coaches, this is the time to take notes and write down the goals of each child and yours.]
~ Practice right now – Have Players act out obeying this truth. [We call this, Act Out the Truth.]
~ [Be creative: Add other reinforcement activities like local crafts, or drawing, etc.]
2. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Heart to Strengthen Your Faith!!!
* Memory Verse / Power Words:
~ Mark 5:34 – “And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease.”]
~ Pray out loud and repeat after me: “Jesus, I know you answer prayers with “yes,” “not now,” and “no, for a greater glory.” Help me understand when your answer to my prayer is “no” or “not now.” Please give me courage to obey and share this truth. Amen.”
3. Let’s Connect the Bible Truth to Your Spirit to Live Your Life as an Expression of Worship!!!
~ This is my favorite time!!! Worship!!! Worship in song is only one form of worship.
~ [Allow the Players to pick & sing their favorite songs that genuinely honor God. If you do not have a song to sing, simply read Psalm 23 as an expression of praise & worship.]
* Closing Celebration:
~ All hands into the middle: Boys and girls, let’s all become Champions for Eternity by yielding to Jesus. Hands go down as we say, “Jesus is,” we hold at the bottom for “my” then as our hands fly to the sky shout loudly, “Jesus is my Savior!!!”
~ [Remember to announce the next GameLife 123 Weekly: Day, Time, Location and Leaders.]
* [Note about the Bible Translation:
~ When reading the story from the Bible we recommend you pick a translation that will be easy for the children to understand. As they will also be memorizing Scripture and it is important they understand every word. For every Scripture reference, we use the English Standard Version (ESV). Feel free to explore other child-friendly translations.]