New to GameLife 123 Bible Discovery? Click here to become a More Effective Bible Teacher!
Be Ready / Exodus 3 and 12
One Main Truth: God prepared Moses to Serve
“Are you ready for the Joy of Discovery? Unlock the One Main Truth: It’s an adventure in the Game, a revelation in the Bible, and it will transform your Life. Let’s take one step closer to becoming a Champion for Eternity!”
In the Game: “Players Needed to be Ready to Go”
In the Bible: “God through Moses told the People to be Ready to Go”
In Your Life: “You Need to Listen to God and Be Ready to Go”
1 GAME EXPERIENCE: Grab the Rock
- Form two teams and have each team stand shoulder-to-shoulder, facing the center.
- Assign a number to each player (ensure each group has a one, a two, or a three).
- Explain that when a player’s number is called, they should run to the center and try to pick up the ‘Rock.’ Place the actual “Rock” in the center of the playing area.
- [Important: Emphasize to players the need to be attentive and ready.] Introduce an extra challenge by calling two numbers, such as #3 and #5 (resulting in four players rushing to grab the rock).”
2 BIBLE DISCOVERIES: Gospel & Truth - Exodus 3 and 12
THE CIRCUMSTANCE (Exodus 3:1-10)
In the land of Egypt, amidst the struggles and cries of the Israelites, a spark of hope flickered. God heard the groans of His people who were enslaved and oppressed. The time had come for His divine intervention. In the quiet wilderness near Mount Horeb, Moses, a humble shepherd, tended to his flock. One day, as the sun blazed above, he saw an astonishing sight—a burning bush that remained unharmed. Drawn by curiosity, he approached the amazing miracle, and to his amazement, the Lord spoke from within the burning bush. God introduced Himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He revealed His compassionate nature and His intention to rescue His people from the hands of their oppressors. Moses was called to be the one sent from God, to lead His people the Israelites to the land flowing with milk and honey.
THE CHOICE (Exodus 3:11-15)
As the weight of this divine calling settled upon Moses, he wrestled with doubt and hesitation. He questioned his own worthiness and ability to accomplish such a large task. God, in His mercy, revealed His name to Moses—” I AM WHO I AM”—This was showing Moses His eternal and unchanging nature. This revelation was proof of God’s sovereignty and presence, urging Moses to trust in the One God who would be with him all of his life. Moses had a choice—to go and follow God’s holy calling or to shrink away in fear. He faced an important decision that would change many, many others’ lives as well as his own life. We face many decisions like that today. Do we listen to God and follow Him, or do we stop in fear and turn from serving Him? Just as Moses was asked to trust in the God who calls, so are we called to trust in God’s guidance, when faced with tough challenges. Have you ever been hesitant to step into a new role or face a challenge? How can Moses’ experience encourage you to trust God’s plans for your life?
THE CONSEQUENCE (Exodus 12:1-14)
With a heart now listening to God’s purpose, Moses started on his mission to defy Pharaoh and demand the release of the Israelites. As he went through plagues, that showed God’s unmatched power, Moses and the Israelites reached an inspiring and mighty moment—the first Passover. Following God’s instructions, they marked their doorposts with the blood of a lamb, a sign of their obedience and trust in God. When the angel of death passed through Egypt, those in their homes with the blood-marked doorposts were spared, and the Israelites were set free from their captors. Remember we must “Listen to God and be ready to go” when asked by God. The result of their obedience and faithfulness was being set free from slavery. Because of their obedience, God revealed a vivid picture of His redemptive love. The Israelites began their journey toward the Promised Land, keeping the Passover as a never-ending reminder of God’s deliverance from slavery.
THE LIFE LESSON
This history, deeply rooted in the biblical account of Exodus 3 and 12, echoes through the ages. It teaches us that when we respond to God’s call with faith and obedience, He leads us out of darkness into His marvelous light. Just as God revealed His faithfulness to Moses, He showed His never-ending faithfulness to each one of us. The story of the burning bush and the Passover encourages us to trust in the unchanging nature of our
God, who works at the right time in our lives for His glorious purposes.
3 LIFE CONNECTIONS: Connecting Jesus to Every Child
(1) The One Main Truth Planted in MY HEART, Growing MY ATTITUDE
POWER WORDS: “And God said ‘I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you.’” Exodus 3:12a
(2) The One Main Truth Rooted in MY MIND, Leading MY CHOICES
- How does the game “Grab the Rock” relate to the idea that “In your Life, You Need to Listen to God and be Ready to Go”?
- In the game, why is it important to pay attention and be ready to move when your number is called? How can this apply to listening to God’s guidance in our lives?
- Can you think of a time when you had to be ready to respond quickly to a situation? How might this experience help you understand the importance of being spiritually prepared to follow God’s lead?
“Boys & girls, that sounds a lot like what we just discovered in the Bible!”
- How did Moses’ mother respond when she heard God’s guidance regarding her son’s future in Exodus 2:1-10?
- Why do you think God chose a burning bush to get Moses’ attention in Exodus 3? Howdid Moses respond to God’s call?
- What can we learn from his reaction?
- How does the concept of the Passover relate to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and our salvation?
- Have you ever experienced a moment when you felt like God was prompting you to do something or guiding you in a certain direction? How did you respond?
- What are some practical ways we can listen to God’s voice?
- How can we be spiritually prepared to follow His lead in our daily lives?
- How can the main truth of being ready to listen and respond to God’s call apply to situations you might face at school, at home, or with friends? Can you think of an example?
(3) The One Main Truth Today Committed in MY SOUL, Inspiring MY ACTIONS
POWER PRAYER: Repeat After Me “God thank you for preparing me for the work you are calling me to do, Holy Spirit show me what I need to do to be ready when you call
*Let’s be still and quiet, opening your heart to hear God’s whisper*
(Coach, wait at least 14 seconds, allowing God to connect to every child)
Jesus, may I always be ready for when you call my name? “
Ask the children what is their favorite worship song and then sing several worship songs with Strong & Powerful Worship Motions
(Click here for worship songs
“GameLife Strong & Powerful Worship Motions”)
Now, remember to share this truth,
practice this truth, and bring a friend back with you! Boys and girls, let’s go out as the
“Champions for Eternity” that God expects us to become!